Monday 2 February 2015

The Last week in January & the Start of February 2015...

Let's start with February 2015 -

...so much for the kind words and birthday greetings that so many of you posted yesterday. 
I didn't expect so many! I thought, having retired, it would have been a case of "out of sight, out of mind".



That said, the first item is the eMagazine for February; it's available to read on-line and/or download as a pdf, to share with others, at...

If you would like to see earlier copies then you can access the eMagazine archives...

What else have I been up to?

Since retiring I've joined my better half at F.A.C.T. (Foundation for Art and Creative Technologyin Liverpool to watch some excellent films.

Last week we went to see Treasure Island adapted by Bryony Lavery for, and broadcast live from, the National Theatre.
There were some interesting "Twists" e.g.
It’s a dark, stormy night. The stars are out. Jim, the inn-keeper’s granddaughter, opens the door to a terrifying stranger. At the old sailor’s feet sits a huge sea-chest, full of secrets. Jim invites him in – and her dangerous voyage begins.
 The sets used during the play were stunning!

NOTE: If you are retired you could do what we have done and become members. By doing so you'd get...

  • three free cinema tickets, plus 
  • £2 off future tickets and 
  • 10% off tickets, food and drinks
...at FACT and beyond. No I don't get anything for promoting membership!
Find out more at...

Then there is our 2015 Walk and Wednesday Pub Lunch (W&WPL)

We've completed four so far (no surprise there) and for each one we've used a check-list to score each pub out of 50.

If you're interested in where we've been and or the resulting "Scores" visit...

What about the walk bit?

They've been included in with our other Meanders, which can be seen by visiting...
We usually do two walks a week...
  • the W&WPL mentioned above and
  • Sunday meander ( I haven't posted this Sundays, as it was a repeat of a walk we've posted in the past).
    Here are some pictures I took including playing with the macro-lens on my iPhone...


Anything else?


There are lots of things I do during the week, for example, I usually...
Here is January 2015's summary

I also, each day, read my RSS Feeds (Keeping myself up to date) and post things I think others would like to read, listen to, and/or watch via...

I think that covers "What DL is Happening?" so until my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment